Here at The Wellington Neurology Unit we practice a Team Approach to our work. The most important members of the team are the patient and his or her family. The neurology unit boasts an international workforce reflecting the diversity of the patients admitted.
- Dr Robert Brenner
- Dr Oliver Charles Cockerell
- Dr Richard Greenwood
- Professor Michael Hanna
- Dr Paul Jarman
- Dr Raj Kapoor
- Dr Desmond Kidd
- Dr Nicholas Losseff
- Dr Hadi Manji
- Dr James Rakshi
- Dr Paul Watts
Dr Robert Brenner
Consultant Secretary Telephone: 01442 382 527 / 01442 287 040
Dr Oliver Charles Cockerell
Consultant neurologist trained in general medicine before carrying out specialist neurological training at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square, London. He is currently lead consultant and Associate Clinical Director for Medical Neurosciences at the regional neuroscience centre for London and the East of England at Barts and The Royal London NHS Trust.
Dr Cockerell is a senior staff member of Barts and Royal London Medical College and is active in teaching and research. Currently he holds the post of Senior Lecturer.
Subspecialist interests: general neurology, epilepsy, stroke, headache and medico-legal work (both personal injury and medical negligence).
Consultant Secretary Telephone: 020 7908 3685
Dr Richard Greenwood
- Consultant Neurologist at the National Hospital for Neurology and Homerton University Hospitals. Lead Clinician Acute Brain Injury Unit at the National Hospital.
- Qualified from Cambridge University and University College Hospital
- Trained in Neurology at the National Hospital, Middlesex Hospital and St Batholomew's Hospital
- Appointed Consultant in 1983.
- Subspecialist interests: General neurology; stroke medicine; restorative neurology and rehabilitation after brain injury including stroke
Consultant Secretary Telephone: 01727 853385
Professor Michael Hanna
- Professor of Clinical Neurology at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square and University College London Hospital (UCLH).
- Qualified from Manchester Medical School
- Trained in Neurology in Oxford and The National Hospital.
- Appointed Consultant in 1998.
- Subspecialist interests: muscle disorders
Consultant Secretary Telephone: 0203 448 8935
Dr Paul Jarman
Consultant Neurologist based at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgey, Queen Square, London and at University College Hospital.
Trained at Oxford and London Universities before completing research and a PhD in molecular genetic aspects of movement disorders.
He is interested in all aspects of clinical neurology from treatment of headache to the management of more complex neurological disorders.
Subspecialist interests: Parkinson's disease and movement disorders, stroke and use of botulinum toxin to treat post stroke spasticity and inpatient neurorehabilitation. He is also interested in medical education and is neurology Training Programme Director at Queen Square.
Consultant Secretary Telephone: 0203 448 3881
Dr Raj Kapoor
- Consultant Neurologist at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery.
- Qualified from Oxford University, followed by research in Neuroscience in Oxford and in New York.
- Trained in Neurology at the Middlesex Hospital, UCH and the National Hospital.
- Appointed Consultant in 1994.
- Subspecialist interests: general neurology and multiple sclerosis.
Consultant Secretary Telephone: 0203 448 8948
Dr Desmond Kidd
Desmond Kidd is a Consultant Neurologist at the Royal Free Hospital. He trained in Ireland, then St Thomas' and the National Hospitals in London. He was appointed consultant in 1998. His subspecialist interests are inflammatory diseases, particularly Neurosarcoidosis, Behçet's syndrome, Lupus and MS, and Neuro-ophthalmology.
Consultant Secretary Telephone: 07904 067547
Dr Nicholas Losseff
- Consultant Neurologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square. Associate Clinical Director of UCLH Comprehensive Stroke Service. Medical Director of Secondary Care in North Central London.
- Qualified from St Thomas' Hospital 1988.
- Trained in Neurology at the National Hospital.
- Appointed Consultant in 2001
- General Neurologist with subspecialty interest in stroke and vascular disorders of the brain.
- Special interests: Stroke and vascular disorders of the brain
Consultant Secretary Telephone: 0207 483 5597 (Private secretary Joan Hardy)
Dr Hadi Manji MA MD FRCP
- Consultant Neurologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer at the National Hospital for Neurology and Neurosurgery, Queen Square and University College London Hospital (UCLH)
- Qualified from Trinity Hall, Cambridge and the Middlesex Hospital 1982.
- After training in General Practice he switched to neurology at the National Hospital, Royal Free hospital and L'Hopital Kremlin Bicetre, Paris
- Appointed Consultant in 1997.
- Subspeciality interests: peripheral nerve disorders and infectious diseases of the nervous system including HIV.
Consultant Secretary Telephone: 0207 391 8936
Dr James Rakshi MB ChB MD MRCP
- Consultant Neurologist and Honorary Senior Lecturer at Royal Free Hospital NHS Trust and Barnet and Chase Farm Hospital NHS Trust. Consultant Neurologist Marie Foster Neurorehabilitation Centre.
- Qualified from Aberdeen University 1988.
- Trained in Neurology at The National Hospital for Neurology, Queen Square, Hammersmith Hospital, St George's Hospital and Charing Cross Hospital.
- Appointed Consultant in 2003.
- Sub-specialist interests: Movement disorders and Parkinson's disease.
Consultant Secretary Telephone: 0208 216 5473
Dr Paul Watts
Consultant Neurologist at the Wellington Hospital. Dr Watts was appointed to the post of Consultant Neurologist at the Luton & Dunstable Hospital NHS Trust and the Royal Free Hospital, London, in March 2002. His clinical interests encompass all aspects of neurology but he has developed particular interest in the management of Parkinson's disease, balance disorders/vertigo and headache.
Consultant Secretary Telephone: 01582 497 175